Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jacob's Toy Box

Christine, a local Catholic homeschooling mother of six, has opened an online store for her beautiful handmade dolls and other toys.   I find the dolls especially enchanting:  they have that old-fashioned, Laura-Ingalls-Wilder appeal that makes a mom feel so good about her daughter's delight in them!


The store's name-- Jacob's Toy Box-- has bittersweet significance.  On the accompanying blog, Christine writes:

This spring I was anxiously awaiting the birth of our 7th child, Jacob.  For each of my children I have made a special blanket or quilt before s/he was born.  While at the fabric store getting material for Jacob's blanket, I saw a pattern for a stuffed animal and decided to make one for my soon to be born son, Jacob.  The stuffed animal turned out adorable.
      

Tragedy struck June 2, 2012.  Jacob died at 32 weeks gestation.  The doctors don't know what happened.
      

While grieving for our son, I needed a way to honor and remember him.  I thought of the joy I had sewing the stuffed animal for him and decided to start the business Jacob's Toy Box...   [source]

Please pay her a visit.  Her creations are simply beautiful!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness sakes! Those dolls are absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete