Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hello! Thanks for dropping in

... on my brand-new, wide-open, clean slate of a blog!  Years ago, while working on my dissertation, I ran a blog called Quo Vadis, which-- sadly for me-- I terminated when academic obligations became (or felt) overwhelming.  Life is different now:  I've graduated, and, after years of struggling with infertility, my husband and I have adopted two wonderful baby girls, now the center of our lives!  They're full biological sisters, and we took each one into our care within days of her birth.... So now I'm trying to concentrate on becoming the best mom, wife, and homemaker that I can be, although 95% 99% of the time I find myself just praying for "adequacy."


Still, a professional networks, right?  I've decided that now is the moment to stop lurking and start participating in the online conversation!   In this (as in so much else!) I'm lucky to have the example of a friend from college and a friend from church, both talented writers and outstanding moms.

Again, thank you for visiting!  I'll see you when naptimes overlap.

4 comments:

  1. Finding this made my day! I'm so happy you're back online! You are far, far beyond adequate in all areas, and one of the best mothers I know. I've always hoped for overlapping naptimes, and now will do so selfishly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment has made MY day! Thank you!! The balance in your life is always such an inspiration to me... Meg is a very lucky "tween"!

      Delete
  2. Can you link to your defunct blog too? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gyl~ I wish I could...! However, I had deleted it entirely in order to remove both the temptation to post and the guilt over not posting. At the time another blogger advised against doing this, and I now wish that I had taken his advice... Thank you for asking! I'm flattered by your interest.

      Delete